This fine art Print is taken from an original painting depicting a poppy field on The Isle of Wight. I painted it as part of a set of three – a triptych – designed to be hung as wall art together. The companion poppy pictures are ‘Chale Poppies, St Catherines Down’, and ‘Chale Poppies, The Pepperpot’ . I painted the artworks from a poppy meadow close to the village of Chale which is to the south of the Island.
Perched high on St Catherine’s Down, the Hoy Monument is accessible only by walking. Built of local stone, it’s also known as the Alexandrian Pillar – 72ft high and capped with a distinctive ball finial. Michael Hoy, a successful Russian merchant, had the monument erected to commemorate the visit to Britain, in 1814, of ‘His Imperial Majesty Alexander the 1st, Emperor of all the Russias’.
All prints are gallery quality and are produced on 240gsm archival paper using Epsom Ultra Chrome pigment inks. They are mounted in textured antique white, acid free white core mounts to ensure they will remain in perfect condition for years to come.
Mounted prints are sent in clear protective bags with backing boards. For our framed prints we use simple contemporary narrow frames in either black or white depending on image. Unmounted prints are also available.
Order Size / Framing Options
The numbered list below describes the available options for this fine art print. Use the number buttons above to select your print option based on the descriptions below.
- Option 3. 20 x 20cm Print, Unmounted – £15.00
- Option 4. 20 x 20cm Print, Mounted to fit Frame Size 25.4 x 25.4cm (10” x 10”) – £20.00
- Option 5. 20 x 20cm Print, Mounted and Framed in Black, overall size 28.5 x 28.5cm – £30.00
- Option 6. 20 x 20cm Print, Mounted and Framed in White, overall size 28.5 x 28.5cm – £ 30.00
- Option 17. 31 x 31cm Print, Unmounted – £40.00
- Option 18. 31 x 31cm Print, Mounted to fit Frame Size 40 x 40cm – £45.00
- Option 19. 31 x 31cm Print, Mounted and Framed in White, overall size 43.2 x 43.2cm £60.00